Sunday, March 16, 2008

Surfer Jesus is Here

OK, so we've just started up this new blog in the hopes that we can spark some good interest in this growing athiest revolution. That's right, we're in like an athiest renaissance and I'm excited to be a part of it.
We've got a small team of bloggers here and all of us are reformed christians. I personally remember going to church every weekend of my childhood and I hated it. I would pull any trick I could to keep from going. On many occasions I unplugged my parents' alarm clocks, or snuck in early in the morning and set the clocks either backwards or forwards to keep from having to go. It didn't always work, but it worked enough to make it worth my while.
There were so many things that just never made sense to me and I'll definitely be talking about all of them eventually.

Getting out of church is the best thing that ever happened to me. Since I don't quite have a topic this time as this is just my little intro, I'll leave it here. However, I would like to go ahead and tell how I got my name. I was sitting around with my wife a few days ago and we were talking about Jesus and the like, and how bad the old testiment is. She said that she much prefers the Jesus that gets depicted as the hippie at Berkley who just sits around and chills... kinda like the Buddy Christ from the movie Dogma. And I said, yeah, more of a surfer Jesus. And we liked that phrase so much I just made it my online name. There's something about the surfer Jesus that I really like the idea of. Certainly it's more what religion is meant to be like other than the uptight assholes running around sticking their foot in your door while you're trying to relax on sunday morning.

Anyway, more to come.

No comments: