Thursday, May 15, 2008

Unicorn Blood

Talking to my mom again the other day and she brought up Obama and how she's really afraid if he takes over the country. Like he could actually take it over... but whatever. So she's still afraid of the muslim aspect, and I said, but he's not muslim. She said, that's what he says, but I don't trust him one second. He's hanging around that one preacher and teaches some pretty radical shit. I said, yeah, but he's xtian, not muslim. Yeah, but he's not really xtian, she said. He's no kinda xtian I've ever seen, and he certainly doesn't believe the things I do.

And that's the problem right there, isn't it? It's not enough to be religous. And it's not enough to be xtian. You have to be the exact same xtian that I am before I'll accept you. Nothing's ever good enough. It's all so childish anyway. They might as well be arguing about Pokemon for all it matters.

But it's seriously like one time when coming out of the theater from seeing Harry Potter. There were these teen girls in front of us arguing over the real color of unicorn blood. Personally, I thought it was pretty cool that they made it that shiny silver. That's just a cool effect. But one of these girls argued that unicorn blood was black because she saw it in another movie. Dude, fucking seriously?

No comments: