Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Christian Experiment

This is a great story. It's things like this that come along now and then that make me really glad I have a blog.

I was talking to my mother the other day and she was telling me about her health problems. She was saying that she believed that the root of most of her problems was that she isn't getting enough blood to her brain.

So that led me to the most natural place in this conversation. Here's how the conversation went:

OK, mom, we have the beginnings of a nice scientific study here. We have our control subject who doesn't believe in God, or pretty much anything religion teaches, and he gets plenty of blood to his brain. And we have another subject who not only believes in God, but also swallows almost everything the bible says. So therefore, We can make the hypothesis that christians aren't getting enough blood to their brains.

And her reply was...



Are you ready for this...


That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Why in the hell would believing in God cut off the circulation to your brain?!?

This story stands on its own. I have no further comment.

No comments: