Saturday, July 4, 2009

My Mom… WTF?

Sometimes I just can’t believe what goes through my mom’s head.  We were talking on the phone this morning and of course we got talking about religion.  Well, she started saying (again) that she can’t believe that we’re not believers because we were raised in church.  She then said the most whatthefuckever thing… she said “You guys were doing just fine before those science teachers got a hold of you and started teaching you all that crazy stuff.”  I was like… “What?!?”

She said, “Yeah when I was growing up we had natural science and not all that crap you were taught.”

I said, “So what’s natural science?”

She said, “It’s where they teach you about bugs and trees and stuff.”

So I said, “And what did they teach us then?”

She said, “I don’t know, but they spent a lot of time teaching you God doesn’t exist.”

I said, “Well actually they never even mentioned God.”

She said, “I’m sure they didn’t because they’re not allowed to talk about God in school anymore.”

I said, “WHAT??? So if they aren’t allowed to talk about God then how did they spend all their time teaching us he didn’t exist?”

 

I think she just changed the subject after that.  But you can see how people are just looking for excuses and people to blame when their kids don’t believe in god. 

We also talked about something I’ve blogged on before… the fact that people don’t really care what you believe in as long as you believe in something.  Religion is protected in this world, but lack of religion isn’t.  Unfortunately it’s just too true.

 

OK, that’s all I’ve got for now.

Technorati Tags: ,,

1 comment:

Faithinate said...

[Scene, 7th grade natural sciences, teacher @ center stage...]

Well, I'm not going to mention a certain subject, but let's just say that there's a certain something, and it rhymes with "sod", and it doesn't exist and certainly didn't create the universe. Okay, now a pop quiz...