Saturday, February 28, 2009

Jesus Strikes Again

Damn, I was doing so well at living a secular life. So I'm on a plane today sitting next to a cute girl from Chile, and next to her was another cute girl. Chile girl and I are talking, and she is apparently comfortable enough with me to talk about how she's a bit overwhelmed and lost since graduating college. I know the feeling well; while you're in school your goal is to finish and get out. There aren't too many paths to take or choices to make, and the goal is the same. Then you're out in the world, and the freedom can be frightening. She seemed to be a bit lost philosophically and was reading some Indian religious book and was into it and the mix of cultures she experienced working for a couple of months at Berkley.

Somewhere in there Chile girl mentioned she was raised Catholic and later mentioned she was looking for answers in various cultures and various religious writings. I had been supportive of her multicultural experiences although I wasn't particularly a fan of any religion. I assured her that there are choices to make, and they have consequences but that generally there aren't wrong decisions about which way to take your life. The cute Jesus girl next to her jumped in and asked her why not search the Bible for answers? Then they had a long conversation about God and Jesus and faith and challenges and such and I got some sleep after trying to listen to for a bit.

As we were deplaning cute Jesus girl told cute Chile girl she would pray for her. I'll be thinking about them tonight, but it's not exactly praying.

I just realized a cooler title for this post would be Jesus on a Plane: Get this motherfuckin' Jesus off this mutherfuckin' plane!

1 comment:

SurferJesus said...

Dude that's just what I was thinking... sounds like I'll be thinking about them too... thinking about them rubbing oil on each other, thinking about them baptising each other in the shower, and thinking about them forgiving each other for the sins they just committed like two horny donkeys. Travel on, dude!!!